Thursday, October 05, 2006

Noteworthiness

I went to L.A. last week and took pictures of the beach:



But this is not the reason I am "Internetting" today. Instead, I am writing to implore you to check out a very exciting new blog about something you've probably never read about, a man's year long adventures in Slovakia .

The blog follows Jon Bowermaster (real name, we must assume), as he teaches English for a year in a Bratislava police academy. This blog is superior to "Living in SK" for many reasons, three of which I propose to you here:

1. I think the guy has a Ph. D in Creative Writing, or something;
2. He is not afraid to use tangy language which might offend the grandparents; and
3. He is not afraid to give those Easterners the business.

Check it out, it brings me hours of entertainment and giggles, which are difficult to come by in these dark days of Congressional Sex Scandals (Politics!).

Next time, pictures of burritos, and tales of the neighborhood cats! Until then, take it easy....

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

the bowermaster blog is quite humorous... but i found yours through his.... hmmm....

2:43 PM  
Blogger JhL said...

Mike! It's Johanna! I found your blog with my prodigious internet skills. And I enjoy it. But so help me G-D, I'm concerned about the dearth of burrito pics.

8:49 PM  
Blogger M.L. said...

Johanna! How goeth it? i will give you the burrito info posthaste, I swear it. Hope all is well, you need to do some interneting yourself. Is it possible to find your ouevre on these internets?

10:42 PM  
Blogger JhL said...

check it - www.uniondocs.org. and listen, i'm not picky. i'd settle 4 a taco.

5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home