Monday, September 11, 2006

Peace

Last weekend me and the freshly arrived V went to a peace festival in Golden Gate Park.

It was headed by the dude from the band Spearhead, and Dennis Kucinich gave a speech. Uncle Sam was there:



And the ladies with the special San Francisco brownies:



The highlight for me was getting this dog picture. I think it's cute, but I can see how one could disagree:



I was dismayed to read the paper this week and find that there is still war, especially after I paid two dollars for a bottle of organic water. But I am a patient person. And I ate some burritos. Next time, pictures of burritos.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

That's so San Francisco! Was there a stand that sold alternative energy credits so people could make their trip to the festival carbon-neutral? And why didn't that lady have a flower painted on her exposed pregnant belly? Seriously though, I support all purely symbolic gestures.

8:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think the dog looks like a person - he/she could be in one of those dogs playing cards paintings. best dog photo so far. bravo.

12:34 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah, that is a sweet lookin' dog.

4:47 PM  
Blogger Karla said...

And did you sample any of the brownies?

2:51 PM  
Blogger Jon said...

Burritos... sweet, sweet burritos. Good god, I'm two weeks in and I think I've got the DT's from lack of Mexican food. Of course I could go to a restaurante here if I wanted to laugh at their efforts. And then cry. And cry. And cry.

On the bright side, gulash is yummy. And there seem to be a lot of goat products.

8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home